Saturday, January 17, 2009 ♥
Last footprint@10:58 PM
I hate fly and it hates me!
Honestly, one day I'm just gonna jump into the pool and find out that I can't move since I'm stuck between the lane ropes because my shoulders are too broad.
ohwell haha one week slack time is over :/ proper lessons start next week. We had CLASS (it's a umm, service learning camp) this week and I've really got to say, it's been more fun and learning than I expected (: but it's abit, odd, to type it out so... pictures! (: there are only a few though.

our group: sugarrush!! haha. really, sugar makes our group get high and we got reprimanded for finishing packs of fruitplus so quickly. haha.

this's an icebreaker game I think. oh wait, it's a teambuilding game. haha. we were tied together at the feet and had to make our way across obstacles. yepp. but not all members are here. like... AMANDA YIM! haha she's umm, abnormally high :D

she err, looks shy here but is actually not so shy. haha. it's so interesting you know! she can't go under the sun if not umm, her skin will sparkle like diamonds like edward cullen. haha. nahh she just can't. I wish I couldn't, cause then I'd be fair (:

and here's dionne! haha she told wencen not to post this picture cause she has an illegal fringe. haha. but nope, don't think she'd get sacked as a prefect just for this. haha.
oh! and I think they tried to insert some obs elements inside the camp. haha.
tried. yepp. like they gave us a budget of $2 each and we had to buy our own dinners. at first I thought can just go to the hawker cantre and dapao chicken rice or something. haha but it turned out we had to buy the ingredients and cook it over solid fuel tablets.

I left early for training so I didn't get to cook, but apparently they cooked udon with sausage, crabstick (the red thing right?), vegetables and soup in mess tins. haha. not bad la.

haha I think this is quite funny! Upon washing the mess tins, they discovered that the chicken stock added into the soup didn't dissolve completely. haha!
oh then we had this aeroplane activity! we were given "money" and had to buy materials and try to accomplish a task by building an aeroplane/rocket/anything that can umm, fly (: but our group was split into two, and turned up with 2 very different planes!

haha this was our half, the umm, not so crazy half. conventional airplane boring I know. but hey it worked pretty well!

umm, the other
a bit crazier half. haha! it's super funny. they're like, making up for the high elements/flying fox in obs or something. haha obs-deprived kids :D
hmm actually this camp was kind of disturbing. because we went to the hdb flats to do nice stuff for the elderly, and to see the conditions they lived in and everything, it was really sad. I saw this old man with only one leg, and another guy waved to us - he had only 3 fingers on his hand. It was really depressing, cause most of them were just waiting to die. Like, literally. They sit in their 1-room flats and stare into space, waiting for food and passing each day. A lot of them cannot hear properly, some are very nearly blind. But they're still really cute and friendly! well, most of them. haha.
ohwell this camp was really more rewarding than I thought it would be (: Though, umm, I'm not as eager to grow up anymore. haha.
♥ Love, tiffany