Sunday, November 23, 2008 ♥
Last footprint@12:01 AM
ICYL's over :(
It's just like, poof! snap of fingers and it's gone. why so fast! (though I probably do admit that at times I wanted it to be over, which I realised I didn't want in the end)
haha actually before preparation for icyl started, I was kind of, un-hyped-up about it because I didn't know how meaningful it would be. It really made a difference to everyone, honestly. Google 'ICYL 08' and you can read some of the blog posts that appear, it's really very comforting that it was actually a great success. haha all the memories that came back after reading those posts:
Slacking in the slac - forte of secretariat members (: + sleeping on the (pretty dirty and smelly) couches + getting fed 5 times a day + bags of leftover (but really yummy!) muffins that had to be given out to be eaten + taking attendance in the mornings getting mosquito bites up and down my calves while waiting (omg don't know what I'd have done without the extremely superb facils' cooperation!) + waking up early to wear the formal uniform which is much too small plus those killer courtshoes that taught me not to take my comfy sportshoes for granted + many many more!
okay start new paragraph.
oh before I forget, plus nadia and ariel's freaky doll eyes plus running away from them because they kept trying to take my picture and insisting I am camera shy which I AM NOT plus panicking cause I didn't have a costume for IFN and ended up wearing a suspiciously bathrobe-like-looking kimono which looked really weird on me (really!). haha.
look at the comments!
- "I love icyl, and everyone begs to agree. I'm not going to digress about how much I love it cause it's bound to end up sounding emo. But I really really love icyl. It was the best five days of my life."
- "The people whom rocked the past 5 days of my life. Man it’s madness, I really love icyl. Love the theme song and everyone whose there because everyone was there for the same cause and purpose."
haha there was one that was especially amusing:
"we sure brought laughter to the people. one couple became very interested and was asking us what the convention was all about. cos when people ask us why we are doing this, we are not supposed to tell them that we are doing this cos ti's a task given, we are to say that " we are out here to make a difference!" the couple was very interested so we talked to them for a while and they were saying "why the boys never do anything?!" "
haha ((((((: it really rocked though I don't think I did enough :/ thanks claire and eeiyn for doing so much work! and karmin for working in 3comms (okay more like 2 and a half) while normal people worked only in 1 ahha. and natasha and peiqi and wanjiun and everyone! it was really great! alright photos next time cause I gotta kope from people like nadia and ariel haha. because I didn't have my camera (courtesy of valerie koh huiru who stole it for her work or something and has never returned it since). but here's one of ICYL OT (:
somehow everyone looks really happy. haha. it was really funny cause prischew would be like, "okay energisers everyone! TAKE PHOTOHHHHHHHHH!" haha pretty amusing.
oh alright photos (:
haha it was some bright idea of FIX to have a warmup exercise, really hilarious actually; all kinds of weird actions that we had to do! haha the one in the picture was some kind of ballerina twirl!


after station games they had some superhero dress-up thing. haha pretty interesting. [pictures are from ariel.]
haha nadia and ariel posing with the (smelly) mannequins meant for cultural exchange.
umm, an attempt to hide from ariel and her dreaded green sony camera :/
IFN! haha it was a nightmare searching for an ethnic costume. luckily ee iyn had an extra (: looks like racial harmony day though!
haha wanjiun paired her kimono with flipflops!!! haha her argument was that they matched. all purple, like a grape (: haha alright kidding. she's so slim, so not possible to look like a grape (:
hahaha extra muffins stored in the slac cause there were just too many. extra muffins + lots of time with nothing to do + permanent marker = muffin family. haha funny thing was these muffins were given to the delegates later on because they were hungry and it was the only food available. haha.
haha. the other things they do with free time in the slac.
the filipinos! they had glasses with water inside!!!! and they danced with it!!! like really danced! and the glasses didn't drop from the top of their heads. haha. super amazing. Kay yi was like, "they must have really flat heads, cannot have round heads." haha. then I asked one of them if she had ever dropped it before, and she said, "haha I broke 4 glasses already" (: oh they're really pretty in real life too!!
alright bedtime. so sleepy :)
♥ Love, tiffany